Wisconsin ASCD does not discriminate in its membership according to age, race, color, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs or affiliation, or disability.
Code of Ethics
Wisconsin ASCD’s mission can only be realized through a common code of ethics upheld by the Board of Directors.
- We expect integrity, honesty and trustworthiness in our work; courage in our decisions; and dedication to WASCD’s values and beliefs.
- We expect responsible action on behalf of the organization and are accountable and transparent to our members and to one another. We share information when appropriate without sacrificing confidentiality.
- We expect to be treated and to treat others with respect. We respect the opinions of and the differences among individuals.
- We expect our actions to demonstrate our care for others and the community. We support each other in a humane manner. We care about the well-being of each other, the community and WASCD.
WASCD reserves the right to cancel or move any program with notification to registered participants. In the event of a cancellation all registrants will be notified as soon as possible and receive full refunds.
Refunds will be issued for registration fees less a $25 processing fee.
- A request for a refund must be made in writing at least 3 business days before the program. If a registrant notifies WASCD by phone, they will be asked to fax or e-mail the request including where and to whom the refund should be sent.
- Refunds will be made only to the party issuing the payment. (i.e. if the person registered with a purchase order, the refund will be issued to the school, not an individual).
- No refunds are given 3 business days prior to or anytime after a program.
- Substitutes are welcome.
Facebook enables WASCD to circulate resources, engage members and share information within the context of a globally distributed conversation. With that in mind, it is important for guest contributors to understand what is recommended and expected.
Posts on the WASCD Facebook page may not be used to solicit commercial ventures, religious or political causes, outside organizations, or other non-WASCD related solicitations.
- Guest contributors must adhere to the WASCD mission statement and vision when posting. All posts must directly further the mission and vision.
- Guest contributors are prohibited from posting material that may be construed as discrimination or harassment based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, political views, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Contributors are similarly prohibited from engaging in personal insults or other defamatory behavior, as well as from posting obscene content.
- WASCD will not engage in political discussions that appear to endorse a particular candidate or political party. If your personal opinion differs from the association’s stated official position papers, you must preface the post with “In my personal opinion.”
- Guest contributors must abide by intellectual property and copyright laws and are prohibited from copying copyrighted material without express written consent of the owner.
- Guest contributors must abide by anti-trust laws, and must not discuss any items falling within the realm of competitive practices, such as current or future prices or charges; discounts for cash payments; terms of service; productivity rates; profit levels; credit terms; or refusal to deal with a particular third-party payor or vendor.
- Guest contributors must not write about, post pictures of, or otherwise refer to any member, vendor, supplier, business collaborator or competitor without his or her permission.
Political Activity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Wisconsin ASCD to comply with IRS regulations that restrict its direct or indirect participation or intervention in any political campaign activities in support of or opposition to candidates for elective public office at any level. Limitations and prohibitions include but are not limited to the following:
- Wisconsin ASCD representatives will not make partisan comments in official organization publications or at official functions.
- Wisconsin ASCD will not distribute statements prepared by others that favor or oppose a candidate.
- The Wisconsin ASCD website will not be linked to other websites that deliver partisan or political messages.
- If candidates appear at Wisconsin ASCD functions, equal opportunity must be offered to all opposing candidates and the Wisconsin ASCD must specifically state its “no endorsement” policy for each candidate. If candidates appear at a Wisconsin ASCD function, for other than political reasons, there should be no mention of the individual’s candidacy or the upcoming election and the reason/capacity for the individual’s appearance should be clearly indicated.
Advertising and sponsorship from proprietary entities will be accepted by WASCD for the purposes of advertising and sponsorship of programs and publications, excluding the Highlighter.
- The advertisement or sponsorship shall promote a program, product or service which reasonably can be expected to be of interest to WASCD members.
- Exhibitor presentations are opportunities for you to learn about products, technologies and services from a commercially affiliated individual or organization.
These presentations may be based on or include proprietary information and products. We value these business partners and thank them for their support of the conference.
Members of the WASCD Board of Directors must have held membership in WASCD for one year before self-nomination to the Board.