Mission & Vision
Wisconsin ASCD, educational leaders advocating effective policies and practices to achieve success for each learner.
WASCD is Wisconsin’s forum for engaging diverse communities. We are a trusted voice advocating for excellence in learning, teaching, and leadership . Our organization is responsive to the ever changing needs of society and is focused on achieving success for each learner.
WASCD recognizes the power and responsibility of educational leadership. We believe:
- Each individual has the right to a safe, caring and respectful learning environment.
- Effective educators are those who continue to develop professionally.
- Shared values, common goals, and accountability focus the efforts of the learning community.
- Honoring diversity strengthens the learning community.
- Collaboration is fundamental to effective education.
- Organizational leadership requires advocacy for effective policies and practices at the classroom, school, district, state and federal levels.
WASCD also recognizes the potential and needs of each learner. We believe:
- Equal access to high quality education is imperative.
- Each individual has the ability and the need to learn.
- Each individual is a unique learner.
- Lifelong learners engage the future.
Goal 1 Member Services
To achieve success for each learner, WASCD will improve learning and teaching for each student by building and sustaining a more diverse, connected, engaged and responsive community.
Goal 2: Influence
To achieve success for each learner, WASCD will increase effective advocacy for policies and practices that support quality teaching, learning and leadership through services that are responsive to changing educational needs.
Goal 3: Programs
To achieve success for each learner, WASCD will provide and sustain quality, innovative learning and teaching experiences that reflect and reshape the roles of educational leaders.
Goal 4: Governance
To achieve success for each learner, WASCD will deliver value to its constituents by continuously improving its operational effectiveness.
Approved by the WASCD Board of Directors, June 26, 2009