New Directors of Curriculum Program
Is This Program for You?
Are you a new curriculum director or do you have some of the responsibilities traditionally included in this role? The Wisconsin ASCD New Directors Program is designed to support any instructional leader who may (just to name a few…)
Be responsible for the overall development, experimentation, implementation, and evaluation of all curricular programs.
Provide leadership to teachers in the proper implementation of the curricula through the development of curricular guides, resource units, and appropriate teaching techniques.
- Be responsible for the articulation to ensure K-12 continuity of educational programs.
- Oversee district-wide assessment practices.
- Supervise the districts:
- Reading Coordinator,
- Gifted and Talented,
- Program/Instructional Resource Coordinators,
- Human Growth and Development Program,
- Mentoring Program,
- Professional Development Program,
- Teacher Evaluation/Educator Effectiveness Program.
- Direct the district’s Title I, Title II, and Title III programs, and serve as the liaison with the non-public schools.
- Assist in the development of in-service and professional growth programs for certified staff
Curriculum directors play a pivotal role in every district
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction (or Director of Teaching and Learning, or Chief Academic Officer, etc.) assumes responsibility for and provides leadership to district teams in the ongoing development and improvement of the entire instructional program of the district.
We know when you are new, these tasks and responsibilities can seem overwhelming. Whether you are new to the role or have taken on new leadership responsibilities, we invite you to join the WASCD New Directors program to become part of the network of professionals dedicated to improving curriculum, instruction, and assessment in the state of Wisconsin.
The WASCD New Directors Program kicks off at our Fall Conference (November 13 & 14, 2019). It is open to all members for a cost of $100 for a full year of support. Each participants will have a support mentor from WASCD. Learn more at wascd.org or contact us at email@example.com
The fee to participate is $100.